Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Permaculture Ingenuity!

With permaculture being something we aspire to, we are always looking at ways to reuse or recycle bits and pieces around our property.

I don't really think about it much until someone who visits says 'Oh my gosh, look at that!' at something we've made into something. This happened during a visit from Cathode the other day and I thought I might post a pic of the 'objet d'art' that caught her eye.
Behold, our chook pen!


Yes, that's a ute canopy at the back, and ute back frame at the front. Chooks love it! Entrance door is now painted blue so it's half-way pretty even!
They roam during the day, but the small scratch yard in this means that if we're late, or have to leave them in, they at least have a bit of room to move. :)

1 comment:

Cathode said...

I love that chook pen so much. Seriously.

You guys are so clever!