Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Another thermomix post

The Crone at Wits End (see sidebar) just wrote about her decision NOT to get a Thermomix. Until her post I'd never even heard of one, then this afternoon my sister-in-law came up to help with christmas preparations, armed with her very own thermomix which she's had for a week.
Husband, who is a white goods addict instantly loved it, and he spent the afternoon trying to convince me we really should have one too. I have to admit I was impressed. In a very short space of time they had made delicious lemonade (fresh from our tree), fettuccini with zucchini (fresh pasta made on the spot), then ground our own flour to make wheat free icecream and custard. Amazing.

For a gluten free, keen to preserve etc household I can certainly see the benefits. We have tried to buy flours in bulk to save money and found they would go off. Grinding our own as we need them would be very useful. It also does rissotto really quick - and you don't have to stand by it for ever. Certainly would be easy coming home from work and making quicker dinners...

Hubby has promised this would mean seriously decluttering too - we could give away the breadmaker, juicer, grinder, etc (ie his white goods collection that is taking up so much cupboard space).

Sigh. Don't let my hubby come anywhere near you Crone. He'll convince you too!

2 comments:

goingferal(ish) said...

We have one. We waited four months to make sure we really, really wanted one. We did.

I make peanut butter in 20 seconds :)

Cwm Goch Chronicles said...

You'll have to share some of your recipes!
The lemonade was pretty impressive I have to say. On Christmas day, we made 2 extra batches, because the first went so quick and all our guests were raving about it.

Let me know if you end up posting any favourite recipes.