Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ta Dah!

I have just patched my first patch on a pair of jeans. The jeans were well worn (from kneeling in the garden!) and finally a proper hole appeared. I was so excited! Yay a hole! Hubby thinks this is yet another sign I'm slightly demented.

Anyhoo, I now know how to put a patch on - thanks to a mix of 'how-to's' from the net, and some sticky stuff which was supposed to be for hems, but that I stuck between the patch and the jeans and it worked anyhow!

Yay me! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wooohooo, gotta love that tape! I also use the invisible hem powder stuff, glues everything together...including my ironing board cover at times LOL!

The Crone at Wits End said...

Woohooo for double sided interfacing!

Huge accolades for your first sewing project!

Cwm Goch Chronicles said...

Thanks guys! I knew you'd understand!

Cathode said...

Very nice job : )
When I get a hole at knee level, I suddenly get a new pair of shorts : )

I have come to appreciate double sided tape in leatherwork (am learning off a friend). Dont know why, but never thought to use it on fabric ...
hey Nat, where are we going for our coffee this month? WASEEDSWAP